Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Day Jewelry Fun

With almost all of my family being away for the holiday weekend, I decided I would take the quiet time to hunt for some jewelry treasure to create some pieces! I picked up some miscellaneous chains, broken jewelry and charms from garage sales and various thrift shops.  My BIGGEST score was a GIANT bag of broken jewelry, pins, and broaches from Goodwill for only $15!  It came packed with all sorts of goodies to use...including 3 different Chicos necklaces that had gorgeous charms and beads I knew I could put to god use! With all this new found inspiration I was determined to put some pieces together. {I even made a rosary for my Grandma for Easter}  I made a few necklaces and a couple pairs of earrings....however, I can't wait to get my hands dirty and make some more! So stay tuned!


Natural Blue Stone Necklace
The Rosary I made for my Grandma.  This took over an hour to make, but was worth every minute! I had to individually loop each bead and loop them together in a chain form.  Turned out better than I thought for my first one!  


"Old" key necklace with crystal accent.
Coral, Pearl and Gold Bib Necklace.  Made from 3 different broken earrings. {all found in the Goodwill bag o' goodies}

This entire necklace was created from the Goodwill goodie bag.  The chain is from a few different broken necklaces and the heart "pendant" is actually a pin/broach that I repurposed.  

LOVE the turquoise metal and pearl pendant on this one.  
The pendant is an earring {from the Goodwill bag} and I created the gold and blue bead chain. This one may be a keeper...

Various earring that I made.  One pair look familiar? Made from the other broken earring from the necklace above.

No comments:

Post a Comment