Saturday, March 30, 2013

Hair Pins: The Greatest Hair Accessory EVER Created

Hair Pins, also know as Bobby Pins might be the greatest hair accessory creation ever! Here is a quick tidbit about hair pins:

{The "bobby pin" came into wide use as the hairstyle known as the "bob cut" or "bobbed hair" took hold. This trend gained popularity in the 1920s, and the bobby pins kept their bobbed hair in place.}

They are a part of my DAILY routine.  Without these bad boys my extremely curly hair would be an Elvira nightmare.  Within the past year I have started to really add to my Bobby Pin collection.  I go on the hunt for these hair pins at almost every boutique shop or art show I go to.  I got sick of paying high retail prices so decided to make my own! My wonderful mother and grandmother supplied me with old vintage buttons and pins that they had stored over the years.  From there I bought some rhinestones and other filigree pieces to create some cute one-of-a-kind Bobby Pins!

Bobby Pins made from old buttons, pins, and scrapbook pieces.
Oh...did I mention these cute pins are only $3!

No comments:

Post a Comment